incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "O.Felka" <olaf-openoff...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [QA] Workflow for Issues
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 13:20:43 GMT
Regina,

thank you for your good work.

>> One minor remark:
>> May be we can use status "VERIFIED" for a two step verification:
>> First step, verification on a dev. snapshot or on built version or ...
>> --> change status to "VERIFIED".
>> Second step, verification on a release candidate --> closing issue.
>> It is just an idea for discussion.
>> The two step verification would decrease the possibility that a
>> sucessful made fix may be got lost by another change before the next
>> release is coming out.
>
> We had this two step verification before and end up in a lot of verified
> but not closed issues. Which in the end lead to a large campaign to
> close all those issues. Such two step verification would need an
> automatic "reminder". I do not know, whether it is possible in Bugzilla
> or how it can be organized in other ways.

at least in OOo we haven't re-verified the issues in MWS. We've been
confident in the release process that all CWSes that have been
integrated bringing the fixes in the MWS.
We've waited for about six month after release and closed all verified
issues for this release in one go.

If we have reached the state that we are confident that all fixes in dev
will come to the master we can think about a process to close the issues
without a second verification.

Groetjes,
Olaf