incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: [QA] Workflow for Issues
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 12:42:06 GMT
Hi Oliver,

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann schrieb:
> Hi Regina,
>
> On 10.07.2012 01:21, Regina Henschel wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> in times with CWS and EIS there was a description of Issues lifecyle,
>> http://www.openoffice.org/qa/ooQAReloaded/Docs/QA-Reloaded-IssueHandlingOverview.html.
>>
>> Some parts are lost and others totally outdated.
>>
>> But I think, that such an information is useful and start a draft in
>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:Regina/MYDrafts4
>>
>> Do you agree to provide such information?
>>
>> If yes, where to put it?
>>
>> If yes, please improve the text.
>>

> Thanks for your work - the new information looks good.
>
> One minor remark:
> May be we can use status "VERIFIED" for a two step verification:
> First step, verification on a dev. snapshot or on built version or ...
> --> change status to "VERIFIED".
> Second step, verification on a release candidate --> closing issue.
> It is just an idea for discussion.
> The two step verification would decrease the possibility that a
> sucessful made fix may be got lost by another change before the next
> release is coming out.

We had this two step verification before and end up in a lot of verified
but not closed issues. Which in the end lead to a large campaign to
close all those issues. Such two step verification would need an
automatic "reminder". I do not know, whether it is possible in Bugzilla
or how it can be organized in other ways.

Kind regards
Regina