incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Testing of SVN Bugzilla Robot enabled
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 19:50:29 GMT
Am 07/09/2012 08:54 PM, schrieb Dave Fisher:

> On Jul 9, 2012, at 4:37 AM, Herbert Duerr wrote:
>
>> Testing is enabled now for the robot [1] that watches out for commits into our SVN-tree
and updates then updates the corresponding bugzilla entry if an issue was referenced in the
commit summary.

that's great. Thanks for this nice feature, Herbert.

>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-5004
>>
>> At the beginning of the commit summary classic issue references such as #i123456#
are recognized. Some committers demanded that issue reference such as #123456# (without the
'i') are also accepted, so they are recognized too. Should we ever switch to another tracker
like JIRA this will have to be revisited, though.

>> If the test is successful there is a good chance that the automatism will be deployed
in the apache infrastructure.

>> Currently the robot adds a one-line comment to an issue, e.g.
>>   "hdu" committed SVN revision 1234567: #i25920# a test commit
>> Would it be helpful if the comment was more or less verbose? E.g. it could mention
whether trunk or a branch was updated, which sub-projects (e.g. sw, sc) were touched, whether
a commit into the release branch had a matching release-blocker flag, etc.

I'm not a coder on the Office code ;-) but a hint on which branch the
commit was done would be helpful for everyone to get the overview.

> You could add the url:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1234567
>
> That link can followed to show the whole commit.

+1

Marcus