incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [QA]When tester can close release blocker defect
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 07:32:47 GMT
On 05.07.2012 08:05, J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 5. Juli 2012 um 07:16 schrieb Ji Yan:
>> Technically, I think the release blocker defects should also be integrated
>> to trunk stream except for those branch stream special issue, such as
>> 119978. So as QA we should ensure the defect is fixed in both branch and
>> trunk stream.
>
> exactly and we had already some discussion how to manage the workflow.
> It seems that the majority prefer fixing an issue on trunk first and merge it in the
branch on demand if it is a blocker issue.

+1

> I would suggest that we add the revision number for both trunk and branch as comments
in the issue. That will help us to track it easier.

> Or does anybody have a better idea?

+1
And if issue references in commit messages could be reliably parsed then
this manual copy+paste step could eventually be automated. Please see
the mailing list thread "Commit message summaries" for more details on
this and related ideas (http://markmail.org/thread/mv4arv432bjdkkqm).

Herbert