incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS]Macros are lost after saving the xls file to ods, then save as to xls again
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 14:42:12 GMT
Hi,

chengjh schrieb:
> Hi Peng,
>
> Let me use a scenario to confirm your problem,solution and
> question..Anything misunderstood,please correct me.thanks.
>
> Problem:
> When AOO launches an excel document with VBA,saves to ods and then saves to
> excel again,the VBA info will be lost.
>
> Solution:
> a)The VBA streams of an excel document will be saved into the ods document
> with binary format when converting an excel document to an ods document in
> AOO Spreadsheet with certain controller.
> b)Once the ods document containing the binary VBA streams is launched into
> AOO or previous releases,with certain controller,the binary VBA steams will
> be loaded[still binary stream in memory] or rejected..There is no any
> impact on the application,the application can still work well.
> c)Based on b),if the ods document is saved to an excel document,the binary
> VBA streams will be exported, thus, the VBA info will not be lost.

I do not like the idea, that a binary code which I do not know what it
does, will be shipped together with an ods-file. Because the source it
editable in the IDE, the source and the binary might differ. The binary
can be dangerous although the source looks harmless. I consider this a
security problem.

Currently the macro is lost, although the source is in the ods-file and
commented as VBA macro. Isn't it possible, to write the macro back to
xsl-file from this source?

Kind regards
Regina