incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: CWS swbookmarkfixes01 rebasing and licensing
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 13:50:10 GMT
Hi Björn,

On 03.07.2012 14:58, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> On Tue, Jul 03, 2012 at 07:53:25AM -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 7:17 AM, Bjoern Michaelsen
>> <bjoern.michaelsen@canonical.com> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> back in my Oracle days I did some work in CWS swbookmarkfixes01 which would
>>> be convenient not having to recreate. According to:
>>>
>>>   http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201106.mbox/%3CBANLkTikvBFNr1ViwqYw1+sPZf68ZX5GZ7g@mail.gmail.com%3E
>>>
>>> ownership of the CWS is now at ASF. So two simple questions:
>>>

>> Where do you read that?  I don't see that statement.  I see Andrew
>> saying, "We are trying to provide all of the Oracle owned content in
>> the OOo repositories."  "Trying" is not the same as an SGA.  I'm
>> trying to lose weight.  But I can assure you my doctor will trust what
>> the scale says more than my stated intentions.
>
> Your aggressive tone isnt helpful here, but if you want it like that -- fine:
> If you are "trying" to clarify the situation, you fail badly. You can easily
> correct that: Just state what exactly is covered by a SGA -- I can then ask
> Oracle directly to grant the rights for the stuff that is missing. As it, you
> make it appear as if the AOO project has no clue what parts of the old OOo code
> it actually owns.

Come down a little bit.

I did not see any aggressive tone in Rob's reply.
He asked a question. Gives his view on the topic - more or less the facts he is
seeing. Then he uses a little story from his own life regarding term "Trying" in
order to express that measured numbers respectively contracts "count more" than
humans expressing their "Trying". I did not see any agressive words used by Rob
in the reply.

Best regards, Oliver.