incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Pöml <pe...@poeml.de>
Subject Re: New links for localization web page
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 20:15:43 GMT

Am 27.07.2012 um 09:32 schrieb Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org>:

> On 27/07/2012 Peter Pöml wrote:
>> I have configured a HTTP redirect to my replacement server
>> on .mirrorbrain.org now. I hope that helps you.
>
> Thanks Peter, this helps a lot! Whatever we replace in the openoffice.org HTML pages,
there's a huge number of links out there pointing to http://download.services.openoffice.org
so it's very good to have them redirected.

Understandably.

>> Why download.services.openoffice.org still has address 192.9.173.38 even
>> though we agreed (IIRC) that the DNS should be changed to my server, I
>> don't know...
>
> I was about to ask Infra to redirect http://download.services.openoffice.org to http://openoffice.mirrorbrain.org
but it seems it's already done. The old links appear to work normally now. Example:
> http://download.services.openoffice.org/files/localized/fi/3.3.0/OOo_3.3.0_Win_x86_install-wJRE_fi.exe

It seems it's already done because, this morning, I configured download.services.openoffice.org
to redirect to openoffice.mirrorbrain.org :) But if the DNS would be changed, the needless
redirect could be saved, and it would continue to work when download.services.openoffice.org
is switched off at some day.

Peter