incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Le Grand <Armin.Le.Gr...@me.com>
Subject Re: Should quickstarter be enabled or disabled by default?
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 12:03:56 GMT
Hi Rory,

Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie> wrote:
[..]

> Armin: as far as I remember, Windows will remove any previously loaded
> DLL files from memory after about 10 minutes of un-use.

This would mean that it gets slower again after some time. I just did not
use AOO, but worked on something else ca. 1 1/2 Hrs after rebooting.
Nonetheless AOO started (doubleclicking the test document, no quickstarter,
last used after reboot) instantly. There must be some least-recently-used
thingy involved, I doubt that all dlls get kicked out after 10 min. Well,
may depend on mem available and other things, though...
I could not see it getting slower after 1 1/2 hours. If someone else has
seen this (without quickstarter, on Win) please comment here.

--
ALG