incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Google Analytics Calls [Was: Re: CSS debugging (ability to read Polish might help)]
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 02:45:22 GMT
Hi Ariel,

On Jul 22, 2012, at 6:23 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 04:16:21PM -0700, Dave Fisher wrote:
>> BTW - This was Ariel's change to add GS to the head in the template/skeleton - it's
nice to see some else making a change!

>> r1347646 | arielch | 2012-06-07 07:41:31 -0700 (Thu, 07 Jun 2012) | 1 line
>

> Yes, this was me when I realized that the pages generated from Markdown
> files on the site didn't have the Google Analytics script.

WIth the planned changes html, htm and mdtext will all get added Google Analytics in the correct
place at the very end of the <head>.

>> Add Google Analytics code to template
>> r1346837 | arielch | 2012-06-06 04:56:53 -0700 (Wed, 06 Jun 2012) | 1 line
>>
>> Add support for custom css per file
>

> This was a sort of hack to add custom CSS files per file, so that you
> don't need to trash the general, site-wide CSS file.
>
> Ideally, it should be:
>
> - on the Markdown file, a list of comma-separated CSS files:
>
> css:    /product/styles.css,someother.css,yet-another.css
>
> - on the template:
>
> a) split the string into an array
> b) with a for look, iterate over the array inserting a link for each style
> sheet file
>
> Unfortunately (a) is not possible, Dotiac::DTL misses a split filter,
> though it seems it can be extended with add-ons.

The splitting and generation could occur in the single_narrative perl routine in lib/view.pm

Since I know your intent I'll look into it.

The idea will be to look for headers.css and if it found then expand it into html in the perl
module and then pass that as an optional css argument to the template.

In the template:

{% if css %}{{ css|safe }}{% endif %}

I'll look at that too.

If Joe has a better idea then hopefully he'll let us know.

Regards,
Dave