incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Risto Jääskeläinen <rjaas...@saunalahti.fi>
Subject Apache Openoffice logo linking always same?
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2012 18:40:54 GMT
I feel that link from web-page logo should always be to main www-page ie. to www.openoffice.org.
By this we create some more unity in www jungle and temporary visitors of which ever page
can quickly move to downloading the suite.

Situation now:

a) Main WWW-pages (also native language): No link
  - that mean http://www.openoffice.org/ and sub sites.

b) http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/ -site: link to this same home page.

c...d) cwiki and wiki pages are similar to case b.

As a small work around solution I add download link on cwikis home page:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Wiki+Home
But I feel that link via logo to main page would be much better solution.

I am ready my self use some hours for this  case if there is no denial for idea.  There is
also possible do this in case a and not in other sites.
For example on wiki pages
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Main_Page
there are link to downloading in menu panel. So it is not priority # 1.

Opionions?

Regards
Risto