incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [UI] ColorPicker - entering hex color code
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 16:23:24 GMT
Hi Andre, *

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 05:33:35PM +0200, Andre Fischer wrote:
> On 19.07.2012 16:43, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> >Hi there,
> >
> >entering a color in the new color, with its hex code, has a rather
> >strange result. Try
> >
> >- menu "Tools" -"Options..."
> >- on the "Options" dialog, select the on the tree "OpenOffice.org"
> >   - "Colors"
> >- select a color and press the "Edit..." button (side comment: the color
> >   picker should be available from the floating window that opens from
> >   the toolbar!)
> >- enter some color in the "Hex #" edit field, for example AA
> >
> >If I enter AA, I would expect it to be #0000AA, that is, zeros added at
> >the left.
> >
> >AA -> 0000AA -> RBG 0,0,170
> >
> >but the color picker shows RGB 170,170,170
>
> AA -> AAAAAA
>
> seems to me more natural then than AA -> 0000AA or AA -> AA0000 (or
> AA -> 00AA00)
>

> >Enter only A
> >
> >A -> 00000A -> RGB 0,0,10
> >
> >but the color picker shows RGB 160,160,160
>
> this is unexpected.  Following the previous case I would have expected
> A -> 0A0A0A
>

> >Enter ABC
> >
> >ABC -> 000ABC -> RGB o,10,188
> >
> >the color picker shows 171,171,171
>
> urgh, I would expect an error message here

looking at other applications I have at hand:

- KDE color picker: only accepts 3 and 6 hex digits as valid, other
  values are ignored (no warning/error box).
  * AA -> not accepted, no error/warning
  * aaa -> RGB 170, 170, 170
    It means aaa -> AAAAAA
  * abc -> RGB 170, 187, 204
    It means abc -> AABBCC
  * 123 -> 112233
  * 1234 -> ignored
  * yjr -> no error nor warning

- Gnome2 color picker: only accepts 3 and 6 hex digits as valid, other
  values are ignored (no warning/error box)
  * AA -> ignored
  * aaa -> AAAAAA
  * abc -> AABBCC
  * 123 -> 112233