incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <>
Subject Re: need to develop a extension for open office on mac
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 13:36:33 GMT
Hi all,

RaghuVaran is not subscribed to the list, so he missed your answers. I'm
CCing him now.

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 11:33:30AM +0200, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 7/19/12 9:51 AM, Zhe Liu wrote:
> > Hi RaghuVaran,
> > The guide may help you.
> >
> > Read the chapter "Extensions".
> >
> we have also NetBeans plugin that helps a lot to do the initial steps
> and setup an extension project.
> If you want support menu entries and/or toolbars it becomes quite easy
> to start and focus on the more important core work around your web
> services ...
> You can probably do the same with Eclipse and a little bit more manual
> work. Check the SDK and the codeskeletonmaker that can be used to create
> some initial skeletons where you can start with.
> Feel free to ask here on the list...
> By the way I am looking for a volunteer who is interested to work on an
> Eclipse plugin similar to the plugin we already have for NetBeans. I
> would be at least be available as a kind of mentor for such a project
> and probably won't have time for more.

It was expected, with IBM here ;) But why reinvent the wheel and not
working with Cédric's plugin, forking it or seeing if he is willing to
make a solution that works for both AOO and LO? The license might be an
impediment to host it here at Apache, I don't know, I could find any
license info at

The NB plugin also has some remaining bugs, it would be nice someone
volunteering in this case too.

Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

View raw message