incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CODE][UX] Bugs 25945 Show/Hide Scroll Bar Tips on Writer
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 13:16:41 GMT
Hi Ricardo,

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 12:25:57PM +0200, RGB ES wrote:
> Not answering any particular mail, so top posting.
>
> I think there are two problems with the scroll tool tip:
> - the first one is that it shows on the mouse position

The scroll bar tool tip that shows "Page N/X" doesn't appear on the
mouse position, but near the scroll bar; at least, it's what it does
here when scrolling with the mouse wheel. Can you attach a screen shot
on the bug?

> and usually when you scroll you have the mouse pointer on top of the
> document so the tool tip is there too, hiding the text you are
> scanning
> - the second one is that it do not wraps, showing on one line
> and crossing on top of your document even if the mouse pointer is
> outside the text area
>
> The second problem is is part of a general problem with tool tips: for
> example, when you put the mouse pointer over a footnote anchor the
> footnote content also shows on only one line, which is sub optimal
> when you have long footnotes. If you activate extended tool tip the
> footnote content tip wraps and then if more useful, but extended tool
> tips seems to not affect the scroll tool tip.

May be for kind of content, the help balloon should always wrap the text
in multiple lines, without the need to turn extended tips on.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina