incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Another Quickstarter adjustment
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2012 07:21:37 GMT
On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 15:04:56 +0800
lou ql <louqingle@gmail.com> wrote:

> When upgrade on Windows, the installer will kill the quickstarter
> automatically without warning.

Is this a new feature in AOO 3.4.x?  It was not my experience with earlier OOo versions.
If the Quickstarter was present in the System Tray under Windows, without OpenOffice running
as an application, then one got the message.

> But if upgrade with openoffice running, with the window opening, there will
> be a message asks user to close openoffice or quickstarter.  Info in this
> message can be adjust and remove the quickstarter string?

It would be helpful to users (and a least effort temporary fix) to say in the error message
that the Quickstarter might be running.  As a long term aim the Quickstarter should be autmatically
killed by the Installation.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>