incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: On parks, commons, and websites... and fun (or lack of)
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2012 21:29:25 GMT
On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 14:20:02 -0700 (PDT)
Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> wrote:

> If Hagar has a debilitating illness that prevents him from
> acquiring the requisite skills, let me apologize for asking
> him to try to do something a normal person on this mailing
> list can accomplish for themselves.
>
> That's the best you're going to get Larry.

I suggest the other Mentors should _urgently review_ this thread and consider what behaviour
is expected from a mentor.

It is unfair to require a volunteer to change his level of committment, or to suggest that
he might need (I quote) "a debilitating illness that prevents him from acquiring the requisite
skills."  If he has not the time or the inclination to extend his role, that is sufficient.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>