incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <>
Subject Re: Problems encountered eliminating some default tabs, and changing one to a 'right tab'....
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2012 17:18:20 GMT
On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 09:37:55 -0700
"Nancy" <> wrote:

> Hi - I'm a retired legal secretary (lots of Word Perfect knowledge) and our
> new CPU with Windows 7 would not run my older Word Perfect Ver.8, so I
> downloaded your Open Office 3.0 and 3.4 (I think the last version is).  I'm
> very happy with the product you have put together so far (I've used it a LOT
> over the last 6-8 months) - but I have run into a snag on fixing some tab
> stops in a document I've been adding to since February - an 8 page long, 4
> column list of Zentangle pattern names with the page # they can be found in
> my 2 Moleskin Notebooks - so basically lots of pattern names, followed by a
> page # (or 2 or 3)
> I find the default is a tab every 1/2" or so in the 4 columns I've set up,
> but I don't like that, and want one tab at the righthand end of the column
> to be a right aligned tab.   I can change the tabs individually for each
> entry/"Zentangle name/page#" - but with 8 pages of these with 4 columns each
> to do (over 1,350 patterns), I would like a 'faster' method..   and I can't
> find the answer  I need in your help menus or write ups about changing
> tabs/deleting tabs, etc.
> Can you help me out on this problem?   (is there an 'easy button' for this
> task?  lol)   I would appreciate your help greatly!

You need to learn how to use Styles - OpenOffice formatting hinges on these.

You should read up what the Help file says about Styles; you might also find this reference
of use and its
following chapter.

It might be best if you bring this problem to the User Forum at
particularly as there you can post your sample file, whereas this list does not permit attachments.

Rory O'Farrell <>

View raw message