incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: AOO 3.4 Impress not recognising Dual monitors?
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 10:49:14 GMT
On Wed, 4 Jul 2012 10:42:44 +0800
Ji Yan <yanji.yj@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Rory,
>
>   Could you please tell us how did you set the two monitors? I test Windows
> XP and Mac on my laptop with projector connected, there is no problem and
> will try Ubuntu later.
>
> 2012/7/4 Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>
>
> > I'm not yet in a position to raise a formal bug, but I would appreciate
> > input from other users who may have occasion to use AOO 3.4 to give a
> > presentation.
> >
> > I have not been able to get AOO 3:4 Impress to successfully recognise the
> > second monitor on later *ubuntu systems (say 11:10 and later).
> >
> > I have requested information from others on the Forum in thread
> > http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=54875
> >
> > I would welcome input from users from the Apache lists; I bring it to the
> > attention of the ooo-dev list as some developer working on Impress may test
> > this in passing.
> >

> > --
> > Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>

The fix in the bug report referred to by Ariel Constenla-Haile earlier in this thread, and
incorporated into the current AOO 3.4.1 dev builds works.

On Ubuntu I was able to hotplug a monitor/beamer and by selecting System Settings /Displays
(/ Monitors on earlier Ubuntus) I could turn off "mirror displays", then drag the two monitors
to desired positions on the display space.  In Lubuntu I hotplugged the monitor/beamer and
ran arandr which had the same effect.  arandr can save ones configuration (either single monitor
or dual - perhaps multiple? - monitors) as a script file.  Running the appropriate batch file
sets Lubuntu up to recognise the dual monitor positioning; the script files can be linked
to hotkeys (arandr gives instructions).

All is now working well on my presentation netbook.  Many disgruntled listeners may shorty
be making little wax dolls labeled "Ariel" and sticking pins into them, so, if you don't feel
well, Ariel, you know what is the cause :-)

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>