incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Bjoern Michaelsen <bjoern.michael...@canonical.com>
Subject Re: CWS swbookmarkfixes01 rebasing and licensing
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 15:44:30 GMT
Hi Ross,

Thanks for the constructive reply!

On Tue, Jul 03, 2012 at 03:58:54PM +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
> If the CWS was included in the original SGA then it is available under
> the AL2.

How can I check that? It was not integrated in m106 at OOo, if that is the
criteria, but I assume there is more to that ;)

> If it was not included in that original SGA, you want to bring it here and
> the OpenOffice project want to see the work committed then Oracle will, in
> all likelihood, make it available to us.

Great!

> Therefore, I suggest the following order of execution:
> - determine whether the OpenOffice committers want the work

Where would that be done?

> - confirm that Oracle have already or will make the code available
> under the AL2 at our request

Are there established workflows for that, or should I just go about that ad-hoc?

> - submit patches against AOO trunk

Are the patches already released AL2 by Apache when they are published on the
list then? Given that AOO might switch to the Symphony codebase and fail to
even release a version with the patches against the original OOo, I would need
that assureance that the effort to rebase the work is not in vain.

Looking forward to hopefully some constructive cooperation.

Best,

Bjoern