incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Old projects with incomplete copyright diligence
Date Sun, 08 Jul 2012 17:41:08 GMT

On Jul 8, 2012, at 4:34 AM, Rob Weir wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 7:04 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 1:05 AM, Ross Gardler <rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:
>>> Seems we missed a bit of process...
>>>
>>> From a mobile device - forgive errors and terseness

>>> 2009-02-13  stonehenge
>>> 2009-05-13  socialsite
>>> 2010-05-19  amber
>>> 2010-09-05  nuvem
>>> 2010-11-12  kitty
>>> 2010-11-24  stanbol
>>> 2011-06-13  openofficeorg
>>>
>>> Said checklist item is:
>>>
>>>  "Check and make sure that the papers that transfer rights to the ASF
>>> been received. It is only necessary to transfer rights for the
>>> package, the core code, and any new code produced by the project. "
>>>

> Also, does this question even make sense?
>
> Neither the SGA not the iCLA "transfers" any rights to the ASF.  We
> don't ask for copyright.  We just ask for a license. But it is
> non-exclusive.

Trademarks and domain name registrations are transferred rights. Perhaps trademarks@a.o can
answer if this is completed for OpenOffice.org? Or, are there unanswered questions and incomplete
steps?

> So if anyone thinks this refers to something that actually requires a
> "transfer" of copyright, please speak up, so we can track this down.

It says "rights" and not "copyrights". It may be that this also includes the point in time
when all of the headers are converted to the AL headers and the SVN passes the RAT test. Is
this so?

Regards,
Dave