incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [RELEASE][3.4.1]: Preparing release notes
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 23:25:52 GMT

On Jul 9, 2012, at 3:38 PM, Keith N. McKenna wrote:

> J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> ok AOO 3.4.1 won't be a feature release but nevertheless I think we
>> should prepare release notes to give a user friendly overview of what is
>> going into our upcoming 3.4.1 release.
>>
>> I have created a new (more or less empty) wiki page to start working on
>> the release notes for 3.4.1.
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4.1+Release+Notes
>>
>> The following query list all fixed blocker issues for 3.4.1 and can be
>> used as input for the release notes.
>>
>> Any volunteers who are interested to start working on it?
>>
>> Juergen
>>

> Good Evening;
>
> My name is Keith McKenna and I have been a user of OpenOffice since the late beta of
version 2. I figured that it was time that I gave something back to the project.

> I started today to add information around the new and updated languages for 3.4.1. Unfortunately
I am pretty much a novice with wiki editors and a bit unsure of how to use the tools to automatically
add information around bug fixed et al.

> I will continue to go through the manual and try to add to my miniscule knowledge and
hopefully will be able to provide some other assistance.

Welcome! That was great. Thanks! Looking forward to more.

Regards,
Dave