incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: XBRL reporting for the SEC
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 15:41:11 GMT
On Thu, 2012-07-26 at 21:56 -0700, alan tenore wrote:
> Hello:
>

> I was
> interested in knowing if OpenOffice can create XBRL (Business reporting
> language) files that are now required to be filed with the Securities and
> Exchange Commission for company filings – 10Q 10K?  This is a very specific program
>

> Microsoft
> has a product called FXr Reporting.
>

> Essentially,
> it a database providing drop down menus for the various sections of a 10K
>

> Thanks,
>

> Alan

Hi Alan,

(note I am not certified for XBRL - but do have some EDGAR compliance
experience )

Good question - I'm curious why you would see AOO as a tool for this, is
there some specific in your business processes where you see AOO as the
natural tool for this?

Anyway - A couple of resources for you too consider:
http://www.xbrlwiki.info/index.php?title=Open_Source_and_XBRL

Thanks,

//drew