incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: AOO as a portable application
Date Sun, 22 Jul 2012 01:48:30 GMT
On Sun, 2012-07-22 at 03:27 +0200, Guy Waterval wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would know if the ASF will produce in the future a portable version of
> AOO.
> I think such a version could help to promote the use of AOO, as most recent
> computers are able  to run even big applications directly from an USB key.
> It's also nice for demos, etc.
>
> Regards

Howdy Guy,

Ah, good question - I assume you know that OpenOffice was available for
a long time in 'portable garb' from at least two third party sources:

The transition over to Apache OpenOffice just put a kink in things, but
my impression is that this is about to be cleared up.

I'd direct you to this link:
http://portableapps.com/development/outdated

for one example - look for a change in that status in short order, or so
is my guess ;)

The other packager was:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/winpenpack/

again I would not be surprised to see them update soon also.

HTH,

//drew