incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: more 3.4.1 questions...supported OSes
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 19:49:14 GMT
Hi Rob;

>If something is in the release I would expect:
>
>1) We have instructions for building it in the Building Guide
>
>2) A user could download our source from SVN and build it according to
>the Building Guide
>
>Is this true of the BSD port?  If so we could include it in the
>release, I think.  If not then maybe we add a "ports" link to the
>www.openoffice.org/download page to point to off-site ports.  These
>links could be updated as new BSD releases become available.

Except for some minor patches, available here:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/editors/openoffice-3-devel/files/

the instructions for building on linux apply to FreeBSD too.

The port is under control and very stable but we have deferred declaring
it official until we find clean ways to fix the remaining patches.

Pedro.