incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: On parks, commons, and websites... and fun (or lack of)
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2012 13:49:56 GMT
----- Original Message -----

Well yes the loss is disappointing, let's hope he reconsiders.  But as I have
said before, this project has a rather serious "human resource shortfall" when
it comes to the www.openoffice.org website.  There are literally thousands upon
thousands of pages there, some of it in languages foreign to the existing set
of committers, and of Dave's 20 or so volunteers who have contributed so far,
significantly less than 100 pages have been touched by human hands over
the past year- other than through Dave's sledgehammers to sitewide header and
footer templates.  As a mentor that remains an ongoing unsolved problem for this
group to pay some attention to.  Let's not lose sight of the big picture here.

So instead of entirely focusing on the potential loss of a key individual, I will
continue to advocate the position that we encourage people to get actively involved
in the care and upkeep of the site, starting with fellow committers on the project
and expanding to potential interested parties on this list.