incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AOO-LibreOffice comparison?
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2012 03:03:38 GMT
________________________________

>On 2012-07-17 9:01 PM, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
>>
>> Most of us simply don't run LibreOffice
>That seems unfortunate, why wouldn't AOO developers want to keep up to
>date with their main competition?

"Competition" among free software is somewhat of a non-concept. Technically,
MS-office is also our competitor.

>Yes obviously that's a possibility. I was hoping for a shortcut, and for
>info that transcends my experience. Evidently it's not going to happen here.

If it serves your purpose, the SVG drawing feature seems to be well
received by our users but in general in AOO we are focusing more on making
the product really stable and well behaved on all supported platforms rather
than on adding new features.

best regards,

Pedro.