incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: On parks, commons, and websites... and fun (or lack of)
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2012 21:41:35 GMT
----- Original Message -----

Relax- nobody is *requiring* anything of anyone.  This is about expected and
model behavior.  For reasons that escape me at this point, Hagar was made a
committer on this project, and that comes with certain expectations.  Additionally
there are expectations on how *anyone* subscribed to this mailing list SHOULD apply
community documentation as it pertains to website maintenance.  That is of no surprise
to anyone either.

> suggest that he might need (I quote) "a debilitating illness that prevents
> him from acquiring the requisite skills."  If he has not the time or the
> inclination to extend his role, that is sufficient.

It was, at the end of the day, a *challenge* to either accept or pass on.  Expect
there to be more of them when others approach this mailing list with bug reports
about web pages, because we want people to use the tools provided by the org to
fix those bugs themselves.  Will everyone comply?  Of course not.  This is just
the first example of that- pity it's coming from a committer.