incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: On parks, commons, and websites
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2012 19:06:32 GMT
What specific skill do you think is required that
the average citizen who participates on this mailing
list does not already possess?  Perhaps the receptacle
system is foreign to you personally, but other members of
this communityhave documented how they work. There's
even tutorials running about here and there about how
to deal with trash on the site.  All anyone expects
someone like you is to make an effort to apply the pre-written
documentationto your own circumstances.  I have little doubt
the forumswork in the same way.  If you are having trouble
locating the documentation that's something we can all
work on together.

Fixing a busted link on a website is a trash cleanup
activity.  If you are unsure whether or not it is

a change others will agree with then opening a discussion
about it is fine.  However, website changes are CTR and
expecting other citizens to take the result of an RTC
conversation and clean up the trash on your behalf is not
exactly enlightened self-interest at work.  I've personally
witnessed individuals with severe mental and physical disabilities
follow the same instructions with success that I am expecting
you to follow in the future.  As others have witnessed to you,
your peers who have tried for themselves have not found the process
intellectually challenging enough to file formal complaints with
infra or with this project.

You can do this. Everyone on this list can do this.  All I'm
challenging people to do is to make an effort, I don't think I'm
expecting a miracle.

there is evidence, not known by the visitor yet that it should not be changed)?
>Second, is the visitor skilled enough to change himself the sign? He needs a tool, then
get the right sign (perhaps there are several possibilities) and fix it.