incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Next steps for Symphony and AOO
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 16:39:44 GMT

--- Gio 12/7/12, Ariel Constenla-Haile <arielch@apache.org> ha scritto:

> > I think we all agree two years is a lot of time.
> > We can always start with option I and re-evaluate
> > later on.
> >
> > I would propose the following:
> >
> > For 3.x Release (x>4) we go option I merging only
> > the things that are easy and perhaps a restricted
> > set of CWSs. No UI or drastic changes.
> >
> > For 4.x we go for option II and rebase on Symphony.
> > Part of what was done for 3.5+ will likely be useful
> > here.
>
> I still don't understand what ground you have to support
> rebasing on Symphony, because as you have answered me
> before, you didn't try the  build they made, nor
> finished building by yourself. So, unless you
> started reading the C++ source code, your support is
> completely unjustified.

My current proposal is to continue option I and
re-evaluate option II next year.

I have been very busy on another project, and you might
have noticed that I haven't done anything on AOO lately
either but by next year we will surely get the Symphony
build issues fixed and we can make a more educated
decision.

There's no way 4.0 will make it this year so I
don't think my proposal is at all disruptive.

Pedro.