incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] Next Release - 3.4.2? 3.5? 4.0?
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 16:43:46 GMT
Just my $0.02

--- Mar 10/7/12, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> ha scritto:

> But of course the open source ethos is "release early;
> release often".
>  So we need some way to balance that as well.

I don't think that would play well for this project. It
has certainly been bad for other projects already. We
don't want to put out experimental releases. People pretty
just much want an Office suite that does what AOO does now
but is bug free.

I would prefer if we focus on two levels:

3.5 Release including all the low hanging fruit: updates
to ICU and Python better support for MS format, VBA.

4.0 Release - Merging Symphony and perhaps adding some
new features.

We can work on them sequentially (first 3.5 then 4.0) or
in parallel letting some fruits from 4.0 fall into 3.5
when they are stable. No strong opinion.

Pedro.