incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Next steps for Symphony and AOO
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 18:39:54 GMT
Hi Simon;
I am really OK if we continue the merge on top of AOO.
I think the first thing to merge would be the icu update. It's probablylow hanging fruit but
without having the history from Symphony Iwould probably miss important patches.
Pedro.

--- Gio 5/7/12, Shenfeng Liu <liushenf@gmail.com> ha scritto:

Da: Shenfeng Liu <liushenf@gmail.com>
Oggetto: Re: Next steps for Symphony and AOO
A: "ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org" <ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org>, "pfg@apache.org" <pfg@apache.org>
Data: Giovedì 5 luglio 2012, 11:36

Pedro,
  I feel so glad to see your support to Symphony! And I believe what you experimented will
be a Very good experience for the code merge, whatever the direction will be.
  It is a hard choice, and we want to keep the strong support to existing users, and attract
more new users. But we have limited effort, so IMO we'd better focus on one direction and
move forward ASAP.

  I hope there will be more people out of Symphony team can help the feature migration. If
you are interested in any of the Symphony feature and want to integrate into AOO, don't hesitate
to reach out to Symphony developers for more details, and we can work together!

- Simon

在 2012年7月5日星期四,Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org> 写道: