incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Next steps for Symphony and AOO
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 15:30:36 GMT
Hello Simon;

I know rebasing from Symphony option was never very
popular here.

Just for the record, I ran a small experiment in
the Symphony SVN: I used "svn merge" to bring some
changes from AOO. The process was rather easy and
fun.

I find the Symphony team did a good job updating a
lot of stuff from AOO. The effort was incomplete but
it was in the right direction. If we could identify
areas that are outdated I think it wouldn't be
difficult to merge changes from the legacy SVN server.
Some changes would require care but they are doable.

I like the current work going on in trunk and I am
OK with what seems to be the choice of the majority,
just thought I'd share the experience :).

best regards,

Pedro.