incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CWS swbookmarkfixes01 rebasing and licensing
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 15:22:13 GMT

--- Mar 3/7/12, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> ha scritto:

> On 3 Jul 2012, at 15:29, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
>

> > --- Mar 3/7/12, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com>
> ha scritto:
> >>
> >> Please can we have an update on that effort to get
> all the
> >> CWS made available then? It seems a perfectly
> reasonable
> >> request, one I and others have been making here
> since the
> >> inception of the project and one I am not able to
> go
> >> negotiate personally so need to keep asking about
> here.
> >>

> > What effort?
>
> Mentioned in an e-mail linked from the OP, dated June 7,
> 2011 - those of us inside the project have been raising this
> topic from very early on, as you can see. Making it easy for
> outside developers to meet their needs is a great way to
> have them begin to join in and become insiders like you.
>
> The message is at http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201106.mbox/%3C4DEE6C86.5070408@oracle.com%3E
>
> S.

OK. I think that in that mail message "we" stands for Oracle,
not for Apache, so you'd have to ask Andrew Rist with his
Oracle hat.

We do have a nice relationship with Oracle and they have
always been very receptive with our requests so I certainly
recommend other communities to solve your issues and approach
them constructively.

FWIW, other ex-oracle employees have gotten CWSs successfully
included in our 3.4 release. AFAICT, all of them signed iCLAs
and were actively involved in the community getting their
patches cleaned up and working.

Pedro.