incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Community over Code: Basics of Brand and Trademarks
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2012 04:14:47 GMT
I just thought the presentation was crisp and useful as a reminder.  I also don't know that
it has been summarized in one place like this in any of our considerations at the PPMC.

 - Dennis

I also like the presentation itself in terms of layout, transitions, etc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir [mailto:robweir@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2012 19:25
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Community over Code: Basics of Brand and Trademarks

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 10:11 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> Shane Curcuru made a presentation at OSCON today about "Managing Community Open Source
Brands."  The slides are much nicer than that title [;<).  You can get them from this blog
page: <http://communityovercode.com/2012/07/oscon-presentation/>.

> There is useful, direct material that can be applied to Apache OpenOffice and its branding.

I didn't see anything there that we're not already doing, or that is
not already part of Apache trademark guidelines.  Did you see
something in particular that warranted further attention?

-Rob