incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Mike Buzzard" <mik...@earth-focus.org.uk>
Subject Improving the Open Office Toolbars
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 21:40:22 GMT
Hi

I would really like it if you could make Open Office's Toolbars better:
better, even than any toolbars, ribbons, etc!

I don't like Microsoft's Ribbon system!

I have tried to follow your efforts to make Toolbars better, but not
succeeded.

However, Corel (in CorelDraw, PhotoPaint) have had a system for over a
decade which very nearly solves the problem.  Have a try with CorelDraw: the
toolbar changes depending on what you are doing, so nearly all the commands
available at any time are the ones on the toolbar that is showing.  It's so
simple!

It would be great if you could try to make it work with Open Office.

By the way, I have not put this idea forward before because I have not found
a way of doing it - every way of commenting seems to be so complicated.

Best wishes to all

Mike Buzzard