incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas S├Ąger <ville...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Installation Experience and Feedback
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 22:31:04 GMT
Am 07.06.2012 04:57, Gavin McDonald wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Here is my installation experience, it seems to vary somewhat from some
> others experiences.
>
> Environment: Windows 7 64 Bit, experience was same of both Desktop and
> Laptop.
>

> It really was as painless and quick as that. Well Done Guys n Gals!

Hi,

On the user forums there is a lot of confusion about the right Java
version for Windows x64. The right JRE for that particular platform has
32 bit and version number 1.6.x. This manual download is hard to find on
the Oracle page.
> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre-6u32-downloads-1594646.html

I successfully tested embedded HSQLDB, XHTML export and various
File>Wizards... with Java7 and Linux-32 and Windows-32.

Just my 2 Cents,
Andreas