incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Thurgood <alex.thurg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MySQL native Connector not working on fresh 3.4 install
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 13:24:47 GMT
Le 07/06/12 13:32, Fernand Vanrie a écrit :

Hi Fernand,

> I understand your point, but can you tell way The connector works in OO
> 3.4 when it  was installed under 3.3 and not from fresh 3.4 install ?
> Everyting must been still in place, only some configuration has to been
> done   i suppose ?

My guess would be that a brand new, default installation of 3.4 does not
include some configuration item that is taken up when you install 3.4 on
top of an existing 3.3. What particular entry that might be,
unfortunately, I have no idea. It would appear to be linked to the
component registration mechanism, but I know little to nothing about how
that works in detail.

Alex