incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Pitonyak <and...@pitonyak.org>
Subject Re: Your website contains 3 (found thus far) spelling errors
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 22:34:51 GMT
On 11.06.2012 14:57, Larry Gusaas wrote:
> On 2012-06-11 6:44 AM Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
>> Best of all, Apache OpenOffice can be downloaded and used entirely
>> free
>> of any license fees.
> Please change back to the correct English spelling, licence, used in
> most of the English speaking world. Spelling is "license" is an
> American mutation.
>
> To call the spelling " licence" incorrect is an insult to most of the
> English speaking world.

Near as I can figure, most languages are a mutation of multiple
languages and a particular spelling is typically not insulting. I would,
however, expect the site to choose a particular localization and stick
to it. If people are horribly offended by a person that uses the wrong
localization, then you should probably specify that only people that
know that localization be allowed to contribute on the item in question.