incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From funny fanny <google4...@live.dk>
Subject Confusing design
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 13:53:37 GMT

Hello!
I'm from Denmark, so my English might not be so good.

I'm 14 years old, and are going to work on a project for school. I think the design in Open
Office Impress, is REALLY confusing! You have to click twice to drag something and move around.
In the beginning, I didn't know how to put a text box in my project. Now that I have struggling
with a diagram for 1 hour, it is still not as I wanted. I wanted to have it percentages, but
couldn't find it, and had to improvise. The small icons for the different stuff, is small
and it is not clear enough to show what it is. Example. I have NO IDEA what this was, before
I hold my mouse over it and read.
http://i49.tinypic.com/2nlzthw.png
I am not much of, to compare Open Office with Microsoft Office, but the icons in MO is really
big, and it have a text under. It is also more modern, and probably is mostly used in the
younger students. In OO, you have to click around to make it as you wanted. Even really simple
things, you have to click around. I would like to see a icon, with a text box and a 'insert
picture' shown at the top or in the bottom, instead of it is hiding behind my project, so
I have to look for it. The normally and useful tools don't appear very clear. It is hidden
like hide and seek, and instead of using time on your project, you are wasting time to find
what you need ex. making a text box.
I am not only hear to complain about the layout in Open Office Impress, but I will thank you,
for a free writing program, that is good enough t make it happen. But! There is still many
things that could be better. Open Office is quite boring, and I think in many opions it would
be  nice, if it kinda 'explode' up in my face. When I open OO, is plain boring. All grey,
small icons etc.
I mean, we are in 2012, things are getting more modern and futuristic. Sometimes it would
be good with a little bit different.

In the nearest future, I hope to see a more modern writing program, that is easy to use. Is
kinda in 'the dark side' right now. Try turning in to 'the bright side'.

Thank you for your time, and I hope you take me seriously and actually maybe will spend time
to reply? Or at least try to look at it, and think about what I just wrote

xoxo
14 year old student, from Denmark.