incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: The reason I removed the program called Open Office 3.4
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2012 02:40:58 GMT

On Jun 1, 2012, at 7:18 PM, Jihui Choi wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 10:56 AM, Alexandro Colorado <jza@oooes.org> wrote:
>> When you install it you agreed to open doc files in OpenOffice
>>
> Basically installing AOO doesn't mean we agreed to open MS office
> formats in AOO.
> And it's supposed there's an option page to choose whether we'll open
> them in AOO or not.
> But I couldn't find any similar option. I installed AOO 3.4 twice to
> check this on Windows 7 32bit.
> It's very strange and shame. It should be checked and fixed.

I am unsure from your statement Choi (is it proper to use the second name in conversation?)
whether you were confirming the user's report.

If what the reporter says is true then this needs to be a bugzilla and possible blocker for
3.4.1. How is this being tested on Windows? And is the result that installing AOO 3.4 on it
does in fact cause (or even has as a default) the shifting of MS Office document types to
be opened with AOO instead of MS Office. If MS Office is present then this must not be the
the default option.

The check must not be implicit to the user who just clicks continue and accept buttons through
the WIndows installation process. Users must explicitly choose to have AOO override MS Office
for MS Office documents.

Regards,
Dave