incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [WEBPAGES][LICENSING] Do we need to put the ALv2 license header on top of our webpages (*.html, *.js *.css) ?
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 00:23:06 GMT

Sent from my iPhone

On May 31, 2012, at 7:57 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 7:06 PM, Marcus (OOo) <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:
>> Hi license experts, all,
>>
>> I'm just wondering if it's necessary to label our webpages with the ALv2
>> header.
>>

> If you look at our project webpages (those at
> incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg) you see that they do all have the
> ALv2 stated in a comment in the <head>.
>
> That is because all of those pages are new, written in the podling, by
> committers.
>
> For legacy pages at www.openoffice.org, including the wiki, we cannot
> assume the legacy content is ALv2.  It is generally under a range of
> licenses.  But for new content, added by project committers, checked
> in via Subversion, I think it should be declared as ALv2.  That would
> agree with the iCLA.
>
>> At least for our JavaScript files I could think of that it is suitable as it
>> is kind of code? Or also for CSS files? All webpage files?
>>

> Anything that can be copyrighted can have the ALv2 license added.
> But to be honest, I have not really paid attention to this for new web
> pages.  And since the website is not included in our release, none of
> this gets audited.   But I can see it would be a "good thing" if we
> did this more consistently.

This is my understanding. It will be good to change the mdtext in the OOo-site. The old html
content was copied and it is not going to be a problem according to the information I received.

If you look at the svn you will see that it was Kay and I did the bulk of these commits with
minimal adjustment. There are scripts that were used to do the work.

If we want to insert the al2 banner on every page then there are ways to do it with templates
or ssi.

When I did this initially in the OOo site was told not to by Dennis. IIRC

Regards,
Dave