incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Yong Lin Ma <mayo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Next steps for Symphony and AOO
Date Sat, 16 Jun 2012 00:24:03 GMT
Symphony get a java wrapper. That needs more memory footprint.
Symphony also needs more disk space due the java plug-ins and new
templates, clip arts.

There is no java wrapper for the build we are discussing here. The
memory it needs should in the same level of AOO or may be less due to
some optimization we made. When Symphony was integrated in notes, we
were pushed very hard to fix any increase on memory cost.

Disk space also is not a problem. It quite depends on what we want
packaged in it.

Last but not the least, the recommended configuration for a software
given by different people may also be different.

For more detail info about the contribution, please visit
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Symphony