incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Yong Lin Ma <mayo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Next steps for Symphony and AOO
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 01:38:43 GMT
On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 7:02 AM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:

> On 13 Jun 2012, at 23:56, Ma Yong Lin wrote:
>> 在 2012-6-14,上午4:14,Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> 写道:
>>>
>>> OK, understood. But what was the base version of the fork you've been porting
to?  3.1?

>> Yes. Please see FAQ in http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Symphony for more
details.

> Great, many thanks.
>
> I see from that page that the help content in Symphony is from OO.o 3.3 as well.

Good question. It is a little complicated. I will answer here then add
it to the FAQ.

OO.o 3.x help content  is packaged in the the binary build of the
"Symphony code contribution". But both OO.o 3.x help content and
Symphony 3.1 help content can be found
in the source code of the contribution.

The help system of Symphony 3.1 is eclipse based. AOO or OO.o help
mechanism is used in the code contribution. The Symphony help content
can't be consumed by AOO directly.