incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [UPDATE SERVICE] proposal to activate the update service for OOo 3.2 and OOo 3.2.1
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 12:58:44 GMT
On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 5:30 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
<orwittmann@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am sorry - again some stuff regarding our update service.
>
> As it has been pointed out in [1] there are some more OOo versions out there
> for which we can activate the update service.
>
> Thus, I am proposing to activate the update service for installed OOo 3.2
> and OOo 3.2.1 instances for which we have an AOO 3.4 installation package.
> These would be OOo 3.2/3.2.1 versions of the following languages on Windows,
> MacOS X, Linux 32bit and Linux 64bit:
> - English (US)
> - Arabic
> - Chinese (simplified)
> - Chinese (traditional)
> - Czech
> - Dutch
> - French
> - Galician
> - German
> - Hungarian
> - Italian
> - Japanese
> - Portuguese (Brazilian)
> - Russian
> - Spanish
>
> If nobody objects, I will work on the following tasks to make this happen:

Although our website was pushing OOo 3.3 until May, when AOO 3.4 was
ready, there were other places pushing 3.2 releases.  So we still see
OOo 3.2 downloads via MirrorBrain.  Anyone who downloaded OOo 3.2
after the Oracle-hosted update server was decommissioned has not seen
the upgrade notifications.

But one question:  Has anyone actually tested the upgrade experience
from OOo 3.2 to AOO 3.4?

-Rob