incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How Can My Business Use OpenOffice Base?
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 01:18:30 GMT
On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Cynthia Woo <cynthwoo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good Afternoon,
>
> I am currently working for Mentor Works Ltd. a small consulting company that
> specializes in government funding options available to small to medium sizes
> businesses. We are currently looking for a program that would help systemize
> the business.

Hi Cynthia,   OpenOffice is a suite of productivity applications
available under an open source license.  An open source license
permits anyone to download and use the program, at no charge, as well
as to share copies, and even modify the source code.  So you need no
further permission from us if you want to use OpenOffice Base for your
company.

> Due to hundreds of government funding options available to businesses, we
> are looking to create a database with all the different government funding
> options and their eligibility. I have attached a copy of the excel
> spreadsheet we are currently using which gets very confusing.
>
> At the end, we want this database to be able to choose the best government
> funding option for a company that approaches us. For example, if Company A
> is in the IT industry and is looking to hire a marketing post graduate
> student to help with research & development, we can easily find the number
> of programs right for their business challenge by a simple search/click.
>
> Please let me know if you have a representative who would be able to speak
> with me.

OpenOffice is developed by volunteers working within the non-profit
Apache Software Foundation.  We do not provide phone support.  But
technical support is available on our volunteer runcommunity support
forums:  http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/   As you can
see there is a specific forum there for Base-related questions.

Regards,

-Rob