incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: After long-running GUI testing, AOO3.4 becomes slower and slower, and occupies more and more memory
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 17:01:35 GMT
On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 9:43 PM, Zhe Liu <aliuzhe@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> This week I did some long-running GUI testing on AOO 3.4 using Java on
> my iMac. After about 23 hours, the memory occupied by soffice changed
> from 90MB to 600MB. And soffice became very slow.
> My scenario is
> 1. Create new Text Document/Spreadsheet/Presentation/Drawing.
> 2. Input some simple text in it.
> 3. Save and then reopen it.
> 4. Repeat the above steps.

How many iterations of this loop did you do in 23 hours?

It would be good to know the average leak per iteration, i.e., (600-90MB)/N == ?

Although few end-users will use AOO like this, it is a good example of
what someone might do if they ran OpenOffice on the server, to
automate document conversions, etc.  So it is important to reduce
memory leaks.

> I think AOO has memory leak issue. Did we perform this kind of testing before?

Not in 3.4.