incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Must use the incubating qualifier
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2012 12:52:06 GMT
On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 8:41 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 5:58 AM, Ross Gardler
> <rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:
>> It has been pointed out on the general list that AOO is not always using
>> the incubating qualifier. For example recent blog posts don't include it.
>>

> It is right there, first thing on the page, in a very large font, for
> every blog post:  "Apache OpenOffice (incubating)"

E.g, :  https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/5_million_downloads_of_apache

Note the <title> of the page says "Apache OpenOffice (incubating)".
Ditto for the largest (and first) header on the page.

Looking at the general list, it sounds like NIck's issue was that blog
aggregators, such as used by Apache for generating content on the home
page are not picking up on this.

I'm not sure whether we have much control of this, but maybe someone
with Roller admin access can check to see if there is a setting to
automatically insert the blog title into the Atom entry title.   Some
blogging software allows that.  Then the aggregators would see
something like: "[Apache OpenOffice (incubating)] 5 Million Downloads
of Apache OpenOffice"