incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject User demographics
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 02:27:06 GMT
On one of the UX threads there is ongoing discussion about a possible
user survey.  I mentioned that we have some info from users, from
information collected by Google Analytics.  There was some interest in
this data, so I offered to put together a little report.  Here it is.
This is data collected from those who downloaded OpenOffice in the
last month.  This includes those who downloaded AOO 3.4, but also
those who downloaded OOo 3.3 through the website as well.

Regards,

-Rob

Locale (This is the locale as set in the browser used to download OpenOffice)

1.	en-us 34.18%
2.	ja 6.53%
3.	fr	6.15%
4.	de-de	5.42%
5.	it	5.28%
6.	es	4.87%
7.	de	4.57%
8.	pl	4.31%
9.	ru	3.16%
10.	en-gb	2.69%
11.	it-it	2.60%
12.	es-es	2.35%
13.	nl	1.60%
14.	zh-tw	1.42%
15.	en	1.26%
16.	ru-ru	1.12%
17.	pt-br	1.04%
18.	da	0.86%
19.	sv	0.78%
20.	ja-jp	0.77%
21.	zh-cn	0.61%
22.	tr	0.55%
23.	fr-fr	0.48%
24.	es-419	0.40%
25.	sv-se	0.40%

Browser used:

1.	Firefox	30.33%
2.	Internet Explorer	 30.06%
3.	Chrome	27.30%
4.	Safari	8.41%
5.	Opera	2.67%

Most common browser versions:

1.	Firefox	12.0	21.36%
2.	Internet Explorer 9.0	14.41%
3.	Chrome	19.0.1084.52 12.46%
4.	Internet Explorer	8.0	12.10%
5.	Chrome	18.0.1025.168	6.37%
6.	Chrome	19.0.1084.46	5.41%
7.	Safari	534.57.2	2.21%
8.	Internet Explorer	7.0	2.20%
9.	Opera	11.64	1.80%
10.	Firefox	11.0	1.74%

Most common operating systems:

1.	Windows	83.74%
2.	Macintosh 10.79%
3.	Linux 3.41%

Detail for Windows users (so all Windows users together == 100%)

1.	7 56.56%
2.	XP 32.43%
3.	Vista 9.85%
4.	NT 0.58%
5.	Server 2003 0.39%
6.	2000 0.16%
7.	98 0.02%
8.	ME 0.00%

Detail for Mac users (so all Mac users together == 100%)

1.	Intel 10.7 55.46%
2.	Intel 10.6 31.92%
3.	Intel 10.5 7.70%
4.	PPC 10.5 1.63%
5.	PPC 10.4 1.57%
6.	Intel 10.4 1.01%
7.	PPC	 0.38%
8.	Intel 0.17%
9.	Intel 10.8 0.16%
10.	(not set)	0.00%

Detail for Linux  users (so all Linux users together == 100%)

1.	i686 61.31%
2.	x86_64 37.82%
3.	(not set)	0.48%
4.	zbov 0.15%