incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <>
Subject Re: [Mailing lists] User mailing list promotion
Date Sun, 17 Jun 2012 23:13:13 GMT
On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 4:42 PM, sebb <> wrote:
> May I suggest that the Users mailing list be made the first list on
> the mailing list page [1] ?
> Developers are likely to be more used to how to find the appropriate
> mailing list, the casual user is less likely to read the full page in
> order to find the correct list.
> Also, the users list is not mentioned on the status page [2].

Users are unlikely to stumble on the mailing list page, or check the
status page.  So this is probably not the main source of misdirected

More likely is the "Contact Us" page (which does not even mention the
users list) :

Or the version, which explicitly suggests contacting
the developers list:

> [1]
> [2]

View raw message