incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Must use the incubating qualifier
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2012 15:39:38 GMT
On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 9:53 AM, drew jensen <drewjensen.inbox@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-06-23 at 09:51 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:

>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Maybe, I just read the incubator list also I think Nick is saying that
>> > _any_ time the phrase Apache OpenOffice is used it must have the word
>> > incubating included, not just in the title.
>> >

>> But that's not the policy.  The policy is that it must be called out
>> as incubating at first mention in the document.
>
> That's what I thought also - I'm saying how it reads to me, that's all.

Maybe the key is to realize that when we publish a blog post, we
publish two things:

1) A web page, which does IMHO have the correct incubation notices on it.

2) An Atom feed that will be used by websites and services outside of
our immediate control, and which will not bring along the full page
context from the blog.

On the second one, I think the remedy might be get the incubation
notice into the post ("entry") titles.  It may be possible to do this
automatically (per my previous post), but it could be done manually as
well.

-Rob