incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Updated Distribution FAQ
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2012 20:41:01 GMT
On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 1:06 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using "lazy consensus" to put out an updated copy of:
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/distribution/
>
> A draft is here:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/*DRAFT*+Distribution+FAQ
>
> Is this adequate for replacing the placeholder page?

Overall, this is good.  But I do have a two questions:

1).  Do we want to encourage people to distribute older versions of
OOo 3.3 or use the older logos?  Or should we only talk about how to
distribute AOO?

2)  On the "Can I distribute OpenOffice on a CD or my website and call
it something else?" -- Has this question really ever come up?    I am
not sure that it is actually forbidden to do this, but I wonder if
could just not mention this weird case at all.  What is more
interesting is whether some one can distribute a modified version of
OpenOffice and still call it OpenOffice.  What is the PortableApps
case, etc.  That requires explicit permission from Apache.

-Rob